The library is now open seven days a week, on a modified schedule. Both the Henry Street and Putnam Street entrances are open, and indoor seating is available.
Temporary hours: 9AM-6PM Monday, Wednesday & Friday; 9AM-9PM Tuesday & Thursday, 9AM-5PM Saturday; and Noon-5PM Sunday.
Access to the library building:
- Properly worn face masks/coverings, covering both the nose and the mouth, are required for entry and must be worn at all times while inside the building.
- All three floors of the library are open for browsing the main collection.
- Indoor seating is available.
- The Susman and Glasby meeting rooms are available on a walk-in basis. Meeting room reservations are currently unavailable.
- The Teen Room, and the Treehouse Room remain closed.
- Restrooms are open.
- The Friends Book Shop is open 11AM-5PM Monday-Thursday, 10:0AM-4PM Friday and Saturday, and 1PM-4PM on Sunday. Donations are accepted by appointment only.
- Librarians are available by phone, e-mail, chat, and in person to answer questions during open hours.
- No appointments are necessary for holds pick up or computer use.
- The Saratoga Room is open Monday 2PM-5PM; Wednesday 10AM-1PM; Friday 2PM-5PM; and Saturday 1PM-5PM. No appointments are required.
- The Circulation Desk is open for check out, returns, and library card account questions during open hours.
- 3D printing and notary public services are available by appointment.
- Photocopiers and fax are available.
- Outdoor library return drops are open 24 hours. Indoor return drops are available during open hours. Materials are checked in on the day they are returned, if returned during open hours.
- Many programs continue to be virtual; however some outdoor programs will be held in person, as long as the weather allows. Watch the event calendar for updates.
Reopening Phase: 7.