Information For Readers
Wondering what to read next? We can help you! Stop by at the Information Desk on the first floor of the Library. While you are waiting your turn to get a copy of the latest best selling novel, or a book currently popular among reading groups in the area, let us know what you're in a mood to read. Funny, light reading? Award-winning novels? Suspenseful page-turners? Come pick our brains. We'll help you find what you might like.
While you are visiting us on this page, try some of these links that might help you make your choice.
- Recommendations from Our Librarians
- These guides made by our librarians include reading recommendations in a variety of subject areas, as well as guides about library services, programs, and helpful links and tools.
- Saratoga Reads!
- A group in Saratoga Springs committed to "participate in a program designed to create an extensive and shared conversation for all ages and various areas of interest, centering on the community-wide reading of a novel rich enough to sustain invigorating dialogue".
- Web Sites for Readers
- The weekly New York Times and other best seller lists, book and author news in online magazines, web sites for mystery mavens or sci-fi buffs, books for teens, book discussion guides to help reading groups, poets and poetry online, literary criticism, and more!
- The New York State Writers Institute
- Offers a variety of interesting events and programs at the Albany campus of the State University of New York (SUNY). Events are free and open to the public. Check out their visiting writers series and the film series.
- The New York State Summer Writers Institute in Saratoga Springs
- The Skidmore College campus in Saratoga is the summer home of the New York State Summer Writers Institute. Every summer residents and visitors get a wonderful opportunity to see writers reading from their work and to listen to panel interviews, and talks. Evening programs are free and open to the public. This web site lists the Institute's summer events.