The Saratoga Springs Public Library is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws as well as the rules and regulations of the Saratoga Springs Municipal Civil Service Commission.
Current Vacancies / Opportunities
- No openings at this time.
Employment Position Descriptions
- Applicants must possess a Master's Degree in Library or Information Science from a program accredited by the American Library Association. A New York State Public Librarian's Certificate is also required. A Civil Service examination may be required.
- Library Clerk
- Responsible for basic library clerical tasks. Applicants must possess a high school diploma or have one year of clerical experience. A Civil Service examination may be required.
- Library Shelver
- Responsible for returning library materials to the shelves and other related duties. There are no minimum qualifications for this position.
- Building Maintenance Worker
- Applicants must have a high school or general equivalency diploma and 3 years of full-time paid experience in general building construction, maintenance work, or a closely related field (additional education may be substituted for minimum work experience).
- Performance of routine cleaning of all areas of the building during evening hours when the library is closed. Applicants must possess a high school diploma or paid cleaning experience.
- Library Building Monitor
- Performance of security duties throughout the library. A high school diploma or one year of security experience is required.
The Saratoga Springs Public Library accepts applications on a continuous basis for all of the positions
listed above. These positions are typically filled on a part-time hourly basis. Applications are reviewed
when an opening occurs. Please be sure to list which position(s) you are applying for on the employment application.
If you are interested in employment, you may pick up an application at the bulletin board just inside the entry from the second floor stairwell, or download an application.