Notary Public Services
Saratoga Springs Public Library offers free notary public services should you need documents notarized. Availability is not guaranteed on a walk-in basis, please call ahead.
What You Need to Know
- When is a notary public available?
- A notary public is generally available on weekdays from 9:00am to 4:00pm but may not always be available. Please call ahead (518-584-7860) to verify availability.
- Is there any fee or charge for this service?
- The library does not charge for notorizing documents.
- What documentation will be required?
- The entire document to be notarized
- A government issued photo ID
- Do not sign your document in advance; a signature must be completed in the presence of a notary.
- The entire document must be present and completed, except the signature.
- A valid, government issued photo ID is required.
- The library cannot supply witnesses; you must provide your own.
- Notary services are limited. Notaries at the library cannot sign I-9 Forms, wills, living trusts, or any document not in English.
Acceptance of notorization is at the sole discretion of the notary.
- Notaries cannot certify the authenticity of a document, or provide legal advice or counseling regarding documents.
- Library staff reserves the right to refuse notary services at his or her discretion.