Learn About Your Library Card
Your Library Card
Your library card may be used at any public library in the New York State counties of Fulton, Hamilton, Montgomery, Saratoga, Schenectady, Schoharie, Warren and Washington (at libraries that are members of the SALS and MVLS library systems.)
You may request renewals of your library materials either online, in person at the Circulation Desk, at the new self-service check-out kiosks, or by phone. Please remember that an item cannot be renewed if there are other patrons waiting for it.
Overdue Fines and Other Charges
- Overdue fines for most items is $.20 per day.
- All Video Games and Museum Passes are $1.00 per day
- Children's Print, DVD, and Audio items are $.10 per day
- Borrowers will be charged for the replacement cost of lost items. Materials are considered lost when overdue for 30 days.
- Borrowers become delinquent when 5 or more items are overdue or when total fines reach $5.00.
- Delinquent status prevents further borrowing.
- Excessively delinquent accounts may be referred to a collection agency.
- Library card replacement is $1.00
Hold requests can be placed online or with librarians at the Information, Reference or Children's Room desks. Hold requests for New & Popular books and DVDs are limited to residents of the library's chartered service area.
Returning materials to the library
At the Henry Street entrance, there are two return slots to the right of the door. They are open 24/7, including days the library is closed. You may also return library materials to any of the member libraries of the SALS and MVLS systems.