Youth Services Programs
Wednesday, July 18th
H. Dutcher Community Room
2018 CHILDREN'S SUMMER READING PROGRAM: JUNE 18-AUGUST 31
The Children's Summer Reading Program is open to children from the age of three* through those entering 6th Grade in the fall. The library has planned programs to keep children reading, learning and having fun all summer with performances, storytimes, a reading club, and more. Programs are supported in part by The Friends of the Saratoga Springs Public Library.
New this summer:
Same as before...
- Earn bookbucks by participating in Summer Workshops!
- Attend Family Programs to enter drawings for family prizes all summer long!
* For children under three, check out our Programs for Preschoolers section of the brochure.
** Children will still be eligible for the grand prize when they reach the reading goal even if they have not received all of the smaller prizes during the program.
- Beanstack! Read reviews, see events, participate in activities and more
- Summer Reading for Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers *
- Each time you read for 60 minutes, log your minutes and come tell a book buddy about what you've read
- Every 60 minutes spent reading = eligibility for $1 "Book Buck" (limited to $2 Book Buck per day)
- Choose to spend your Book Buck(s) right away or save your Book Bucks for a different prize
- Choose to use your Book Buck(s) on books, coupons, goodies, or non-perishable items to keep or donate to a local food pantry
- Different books, goodies, and non-perishables to choose from each week!
- 1,500 minutes read during the summer program = eligibility for a GRAND PRIZE**