Saratoga Springs Public Library entered the next stage of our phased reopening plan on Monday, October 5. This announcement summarizes services available as of that time.
Saratoga Springs Public Library entered the next stage of our phased reopening plan on Monday, October 5. As of that date:
- Access to the building is metered, and time-limits may be enforced. Properly worn face masks, covering both the nose and the mouth, are required for entry and must be worn at all times while in the building.
- The library is open to the public 10AM-6PM Monday-Thursday, and 10AM-5PM Friday and Saturday. Staff are available by phone, e-mail, and chat for reference and readers’ advisory questions 9AM-6PM Monday-Thursday, and 9AM-5PM Friday and Saturday.
- Collections on the First and Second Floors are open for browsing. These include: New and Popular; Adult Audiobooks, Movies, and Music; Large Print; Adult Fiction; Middle Grades and Teen; and Adult Non-Fiction.
- The Children’s Collection on the Ground Floor remains closed, for now, however a selection of children’s materials has been made available in the New and Popular area on the First Floor, and library staff are happy to retrieve additional items for you.
- We are now taking reservations for computer use. Reservations are in one-hour blocks, one reservation per day, on a first-come, first-served basis. The one-hour block includes 50 minutes for computing, printing, etc., and 10-minutes between appointments for cleaning. If computers are available, walk-in reservations may be honored.
- The Saratoga Room is open by appointment for local history researchers. Call 518-548-7860 x255 to schedule a reservation.
- Photocopiers will be available.
- In addition to checks and credit cards, we will begin accepting cash for payment of fines and fees.
- The Friends Book Shop will be open by appointment Monday-Thursday from Noon to 5PM, and Saturday 10:30AM-4PM. They will also begin accepting donations by appointment. Please call 518-584-7860 x333 for shopping and donation appointments.
- Apart from computer and Saratoga Room appointments, no indoor seating is available.
- Meeting Rooms, the Children's Room, and the Teen Room remain closed, and library programs remain virtual, for now.