FrOn August 3, Saratoga Springs Public Library reopened to allow members of the community to browse a limited selection of our New and Popular collection, and to pick up items on hold without an appointment.
Key facts to know about this phase of our re-opening, include:
- Browsing and holds pickup hours are 10AM to 6PM Monday through Thursday, and 10AM to 5PM Friday and Saturday.
- Reference and readers’ advisory by phone, e-mail, and chat hours are 9AM-5PM Monday-Saturday.
Access to the Building
- The entrance and exit are on the Putnam Street (parking lot) side of the building. Look for signs.
- Access is limited to ten members of the public at a time, so you may have to wait in line. We ask that browsers are considerate of the time of those who may be waiting to enter.
- Masks or face coverings that cover both the mouth and nose are required to enter the building, and while waiting to enter, and physical distancing rules are in place.
- Hand sanitizer is available, and we request that browsers use it before handling library materials. Public restrooms are not available.
- Access is limited to the demarcated browsing area and the checkout area. There is no indoor sitting area, and there is a one-way traffic pattern.
- Access to the collection is limited to the selected items in the New and Popular area. Someone will be happy to retrieve items that are availalble in other parts of the building, or to assist with placing holds on other items. There are materials of all types for all ages to browse.
Transacting (Checking Out, Checking In, etc.)
- A library card or government-issued ID, and an account in good standing (with less than $50 in fines and fees) is required to check out. It is possible to register for a new library card.
- It is possible to pay fines and fees by credit card or check, only. Cash is not accepted, for now.
- Place items on hold online as you would normally in the library catalog or by contacting the Reference staff by phone (x304), in-person, email or chat. If you would like the librarians to suggest books fill out this request form.
- Wait for e-mail or US Mail notification that your holds are ready for pickup. Please note holds may take longer than normal due to reduced staffing in area libraries, and required quarantine time for returned materials.
- No appointment is necessary to pick up holds.
“Grab and Go” Pick-Up
- A limited number of contact-free “grab and go” holds pick-up appointments continue to be available Monday-Saturday between the hours of 1PM and 4PM for vulnerable people.
- Place holds as you normally would.
- Please call 518-584-1295 after you receive mail or email notification that your requests are held in the building.
- Library return drops are open. Returned materials are quarantined for a minimum of 96 hours before they are checked in, so items will remain on your account for several days after you return them.
Programs and Services
- During this phase of our reopening, programs continue to be virtual and reference and readers' advisory help continue to be via phone, e-mail, and chat Monday-Saturday, 9AM-5PM.
- The following are not offered or available at this time:
- Public computers, faxing, or photocopying
- Accepting materials donations
- The Friends Book Shop
- Paying fines by cash
- Renewing items in person (please call or renew online)
- Placing Interlibrary loan requests
- Purchasing requests (please do this online or call the Reference staff 518-584-7860 x304)
- Sitting areas