Bulletin Boards, Handouts, and Displays
Bulletin Board Policy:
- The public bulletin board in the Henry Street Foyer shall be used to announce upcoming events in the Capital District of New York and surrounding areas only.
- The public bulletin board in the Children's Room Hallway shall be used to announce upcoming events in the Capital District of New York and surrounding areas, only of interest to children and their caregivers.
- Announcements must be dated, and events must be scheduled within 90 days of posting.
- New postings should not be placed over existing postings.
- Items larger than 8½ x 11 inches may be removed first when the board is crowded.
- All other notices for services, items for sale, descriptions of community agencies and businesses, etc., will be removed.
Flyers, giveaways, free papers, etc., may be placed on the table in the Henry Street foyer. The Library director is responsible for establishing reasonable rules concerning the area available for such material, the number that may be left, and the length of time they may be left, the size of items allowed, arrangement, etc., in order to maintain neatness and currency. The library cannot and does not monitor, approve, inspect, or endorse in any way the content of items left.
Community Room Hallway:
This area is made available to the Saratoga Arts Council, which selects and maintains exhibits.
Ground Floor Hallway:
This area is made available to the Saratoga Springs School District Art teachers, who are responsible for selecting, mounting, maintaining and removing displays.
The owner of the coffee shop controls display space and wall space within the shop. All other areas of the library are not available for display or handouts except for those items selected and / or assembled by library staff. Exceptions to this policy must be approved by the library director.
Updated by the Saratoga Springs Public Library Board of Trustees; June 8, 2009